[Scilab-Dev] XMLDoc==XMLDoc definition

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Sat Jul 28 16:47:27 CEST 2018

Hello,

Before posting any report on Bugzilla, i would like to understand why we
get [%t %t] instead of %t when we compare 2 XMLDoc objects. Is it a bug,
or is it intentional?:
--> doc = xmlReadStr("<root><a att=""foo""
  doc  =
XML Document
url: Undefined
root: XML Element

--> doc2 = doc;
--> doc==doc2
  ans  =
   T T <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Here
--> xmlDelete(doc), clear doc doc2

Since XMLDoc objects are of type 17, i was naively searching for a
%XMLDoc_o_XMLDoc() overload.
But the XML module does not have such a macro overload.
I also searched in the XML src and gateway source directories, without
success.
XML overloads are not documented. The only overload having a unit test
is for size().

Any clue where the XMLDoc==XMLDoc comparison is defined?

If XMLDoc objects are not regular mlists, why a specific type code
distinct from 17 has not been ascribed to them?

Thanks
Samuel