[Scilab-Dev] Under Linux, make install fails to make a working standalone Scilab

Clément David Clement.David at esi-group.com
Fri May 18 11:51:56 CEST 2018

Hello Stéphane,

This issue (or similar startup issues) comes from a version mismatch on dependencies between
configure/build time and run time. You have to ship the same (or compatible) thirdparty within the
install dir. By default, the launcher script (at run time) add the directories shipped with the
scilab binary.

After copying the thirdparty to the same location as in the binary, you should make scilab run. If
not, the location you put them might not be good. If you want to debug these things, use :

 SCIVERBOSE=1 /home/mottelet/WORK/bin/scilab

Thanks,

--
Clément