[Scilab-Dev] strings cannot be cut into several lines

Éric Dubois grocer.toolbox at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 10:41:56 CEST 2018

Hello

Can someone explain me why in Scilab 6, you cannot wirte a string on
several lines each line ending by "..."?

When you have a very long string, you have 2 choices that are not appealing:
- write this string on a line, which is not very readable;
- define several strings covering different components of the string and
then add them to build your string, which is a time consuming.

This change makes my productivity when programming in Scilab decline and I
do not see teh drawbacks that the old working entailed.

Thansk for your answer.

Regards

Éric