[Scilab-Dev] strings cannot be cut into several lines

Antoine ELIAS antoine.elias at scilab-enterprises.com
Sat Sep 8 17:36:23 CEST 2018

Hello Eric,

In Scilab 5, you could write strings on multiple lines using ... but not
only, it worked with everything.

-->1..
-->2
  ans  =

     12.

and more horrible

-->fun..
-->ction toto(..
-->)
-->disp("fu..
-->nction");
-->endf...
-->unction

-->toto()

  function

In fact "..." are used to ignore the following end line.

I hope you can understand we want to remove this kind of coding style.
To replace ... for strings case can you use + operator.

-->"string1 and ...
-->string2"

become

-->"string1 and " + ...