[Scilab-Dev] What is the xcos alternative to WFILE_F?

Peter Bishop ppggbishop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 11:52:35 CET 2019

In the XCOS environment, WFILE_F was deprecated in 5.5.2 and removed in 6.0.0

This seems to be a VERY backward step as it makes it very difficult
(impossible?) to generate ASCII output files that are readable/importable by
other tools (e.g. Excel, Perl, Python)

5.5.2 tells me to use WRITEC_F instead - but this block lacks any option for
generating ASCII formatted
If there is a standard mechanism for generating ASCII output *within XCOS*,
please explain how this can be done.

If there is no facility for this, I cannot see myself ever using v6.