[Scilab-Dev] Capacitor value issue

Samuel Gougeon sgougeon at free.fr
Thu Mar 21 00:41:41 CET 2019

Hello Nicola,

Le 18/03/2019 à 17:18, Nicola Masarone a écrit :
> Hi everybody, I'm just trying to use XCos with electrical components
> in Scilab 6.0.2, as I usually did in previous Scilab versions. I found
> a bug about capacitor value in the RLC circuit I attached to this post.
> [diagram]
> If I use for capacitor value 10mF (i.e 10E-3) it works; if I use from
> 1mF (1E-3) to 100uF (100E-6) I receive an error message, attached as
> picture.
>
> Capacitor value error If I use 1uF (1E-6) it works again. Same problem
> if I use decimal point value (0.001, 0.0001, etc.) It seems related to
> the capacitor value indication in the picture icon: TeXFormula: 'muF'
> when the software tries to apply the Farad submultiples, mixing up
> milli with micro (just my guess). I hope I was helpful Regards Nicola
> Masarone

Thank you for reporting this.
The issue is actually about the "\muF" unit that should be "\mu F"
instead, to be a valid LaTeX input for rendering on the icon. The same
issue appears for the Inductor and the Resistor, for the same range of
values.
These issues are being fixed on CodeReview
<https://codereview.scilab.org/20901>.
I don't know any workaround, except fixing the 3 files as shown on
CodeReview, and recompiling the libraries of macros in the
SCI/modules/scicos_blocks/macros/Electrical directory.

Regards
Samuel