[scilab-Users] 64 bit Linux anyone.

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Tue Dec 9 13:09:37 CET 2008

Le mercredi 26 novembre 2008 à 13:22 -0800, Malcolm Northcott a écrit :
> I have been in the habit of compiling a 64 bit version of scilab from
> sources, but I'm running into problems getting 5.0.3 to run after build
> from source.
> Does anyone know if there is a 64 bit binary available somewhere?
Yep, on the website:
http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=nightly_builds_5.0
For GNU/Linux platforms [xxxx] [64 bits]
> Alternatively does anyone have detailed instructions on how to build
> from source?
Same as under 32 bits.

> 1) Install process does not move the "thirdparty" directory contents
> into the correct location, so this has to be done by hand.
I don't understand this point.

> 2) Install process does not set up the localization directory.
You have to add the option --enable-build-localization

> 3) *.helptools.jar cannot be loaded, in fact the whole of the
> modules/helptools directory seems to be missing from the source tree.
Try: --enable-build-help
> 4) If I try to plot a graph (eg plot2d()) I get a string of java errors
> starting with an unsatisfied link error for gluegen-rt Both
> gluegen-rf.so (in bin) and gluegen-rt.jar (in thirdparty) files exist in
> the build tree, but only the .jar file in the install tree.
64 bits gluegen-rt.so should be available in <SCI>/bin/
If you are sure that it is OK, try to launch Scilab this way:
SCIVERBOSE=1 ./bin/scilab
and check if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains <SCI>/bin/

Sylvestre