help for a nooby

Doug Stewart dastew at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 5 04:22:23 CET 2008

I am learning SCILAB and SCICOS and I like what I see. Thanks to all.

I am trying to put together a demo of a transmission line. My demo is
made up of many super-blocks  all the same. Each one represents 1 unit
of length of the transmission line and contain a resistor and inductor
in series and then a capacitor to ground. I then can connect a scope to
different locations in the "line" and show my students how a pulse gets
deformed as it travels down the line, and show the reflected waves, etc.

I have a 25 unit line working, but now I want to change the resistor
value, etc.

My question is:

How can I set it up so that I can change a "Global variable" that will
change all my resistors at the same time?

Doug Stewart