How to inhibit the "more y or n" message in Scilab

Simon [illustratingshadows illustratingshadows at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 02:01:22 CET 2008

I have several programs written that run in Scilab.
They do a fair amount of assignment and trig.

Scilab insists on echoing th results of all commands
to the Scilab screen, and, when a screen is full, I
get "more y or n". This is an irritation. I have
searched all documents and help files, but nothing
stands out.

QUESTION 1: how can I stop it from filling up the
screen, apart from "clc".

QUESTION 2: how can I set some sort of a parameter
to cause "more y or n" not to appear.

I am using Windows XP and Scilab 4.1.2. Thanks in
advance.

Simon