[scilab-Users] Scicos MOSFET gate voltage drive

Shriram Sampat s.sampat at ektronic.de
Fri Jan 25 11:15:16 CET 2008

Hello Simone,

Thanks a bunch for your vey detailed reply and thanks a lot to Masoud
for his suggestion to use the controlled voltage source.

We have a similar working setup with heatsink and ventillators(as you
guessed ;-) ), bcos we need to be driving around 150A over a
considerable period of time. This setup and control for it, is totally
with electronics. Now we want to increase the current driving
capability(new MOSFET) and a higher control frequency (around 50KHZ PID
loop), and high configurability via software. The initial scicos
electrical model was just a simple experiment, whether I could do a
simulation of this, to aid me write the control part in software and
thanks to you guys i have the full set of tools to describe the system now.

One problem i have as of now, is defining the parameters for the MOSFET
(attached datasheet). It is a high current (200A) MOSFET. I have asked
the manufacturer for the spice parameters for his device and so far have
got no updates. Can any of you guys help me parameterise this for Scicos ?

I am not much of a power electronics guy, as my expertise lies more in
software and small electronics. I will go through your suggestions today
and complete my simulation. I will also suggest it to my circuit design
colleagues while we do the new design.

Thanks a lot guys for your effort and time. I really appreciate all of
your help.

Ram

Shriram R Sampat
Software Engineer - Embedded Systems