[scilab-Users] transmission line demo

Simone Mannori Simone.Mannori at inria.fr
Sun Mar 2 09:26:00 CET 2008

Hi:

> I understand what you said. But one of my objectives is to let the
> students  visualize  the
>  line and  measure  the voltage and current at different points along
> the line.
>
> We derive and use all the formulas (sinh  and cosh) for long lines. What
> I am making is a demo to show the reflected  wave and that it is
> inverted at a short
> and non inverted at an open  etc.

Nice :)

> Thanks for your help
>
> Doug Stewart
>
> PS  This is a 60 Hz power course  not High frequency.  We will be
> looking at fault currents and lighting strikes.

With all the possible respect for your profession, there is absolutely
no difference in the basic theory.
Also in the high frequency domain we have short and open circuits,
discharge in the dielectric (for power amplifier) and faults.
The only difference is that our circuits are physically smaller: cm
instead that Km, but the "d/lambda" is the same.

By the way, the RTAI project
https://www.rtai.org/

( see also http://www.scicos.org/scicosrtai.html )

RTAI is born under ENEL sponsorship

http://www.enel.it/azienda_en/chi_siamo/

Linux RTAI is currently used for alternator synchronization
and load sharing.

If you like, we can discuss the details :)

Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Applications Eng.

  P.S. In Europe we work ad 50Hz, 20ms ;)