[scilab-Users] transmission line demo

Doug Stewart dastew at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 2 13:32:57 CET 2008

Simone Mannori wrote:

>> PS  This is a 60 Hz power course  not High frequency.  We will be
>> looking at fault currents and lighting strikes.
>>

> With all the possible respect for your profession, there is absolutely
> no difference in the basic theory.
> Also in the high frequency domain we have short and open circuits,
> discharge in the dielectric (for power amplifier) and faults.
> The only difference is that our circuits are physically smaller: cm
> instead that Km, but the "d/lambda" is the same.

yes I know :-)

> By the way, the RTAI project
> https://www.rtai.org/
>
> ( see also http://www.scicos.org/scicosrtai.html )

Wow thanks for this.  I am new to scilab and really appreciate your help.

Is there a way to "talk" out through the USB  ports to I/O  devices?

> RTAI is born under ENEL sponsorship
>
> http://www.enel.it/azienda_en/chi_siamo/
>
> Linux RTAI is currently used for alternator synchronization
> and load sharing.
>
> If you like, we can discuss the details :)
>
> Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Applications Eng.
>
>   P.S. In Europe we work ad 50Hz, 20ms ;)

I have worked on 25 Hz :-)

I  also have started up and  synchronized  alternators by hand. We had
one that the water column was
unstable  - much fun :-0

Thanks Doug