[scilab-Users] transmission line demo

Simone Mannori simone.mannori at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:02:55 CET 2008

Bonjour Masoud,

On 01/03/2008, Masoud NAJAFI <masoud.najafi at inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> It works on my machine. The proof is attached!

no doubt ;) .

I made the test only under Linux.

       Do you have tried under Linux ?

Any way, in fact, I think there should be problem with Scicos when the
> number of blocks is very high (I'm not sure, I should try to increase
> the number of blocks).

Please note that Scicos is obliged to increase Scilab's stack size.
Scilab memory management is another "usual suspect".

I made the tests on a Linux Fedora 7 machine with 2.5 GBYTE of RAM,
so I think to have enough memory ....

And about your model, you would better create a new Modelica block in
> which you use "for loop" instead of using so many superblocks.

That's is a very good idea.

It is not very clear to me if Modelica has the "transmission line" primitive
inside.

Modelica works very well with with "concentrated" components; simulate
distributed systems using multiple section of concentrated components is
possible but very resource intensive (you need to store a ridiculous number
of
not useful state variables) and could produce dangerous artifacts in the
simulation.

Many years ago, a fiend of mine that is not with us anymore, teach me how to
use
concentrated components to simulate distributed system

http://books.google.it/books?id=HejS_Zk8JZIC&pg=PA128&lpg=PA128&dq=bill+hewlett+distributed+amplifier&source=web&ots=8k458maQ0r&sig=5nwU5oVDe7b3aD61tjurY5U1orw&hl=it

With a another friend, they have build a small - but quite successfully -
company in a garage,
at the time when the soldering iron was the only available programming
language.
They have contribuited to develop the first real debugging tool: the
oscilloscope.

I'm currently very busy, next week I'll try to send you a block for
> transmission line with N RLC modules.

Then, I will put a nice MOSFET between in the section to add some gain
As Bill said : "no gain, no pain" :)

I have an old news for you : you will be MORE busy in the future ;)

   Simone Mannori - Scilab/Scicos Embedded Application Eng.