transmission line demo 2

Doug Stewart dastew at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 1 13:50:11 CET 2008

For those that are interested My demo can be downloaded from

http://dougs.homeip.net/scicos/trans4.cos

The demo as it is, shows the reflections when the  load is high
impedance (open circuit) with a line resistance  close to zero.

You can then change the load resistance to 1 ohm   approximately  Zo and
show that there are no reflections.

You can then change the load resistance to 0 ohms   and show that the
reflections are now inverted.

 You can go to "context" and change any of the line values  and run the
demo again.

And you can put a complex load on it to demonstrate impedance matching
for lossy lines.

If any body can see how to improve on this I am ready and willing to
listen :-)
My goal was to demonstrate (in a physical way?)  what the formulas are
already telling them.
Yes I know you could use a rope tied between two trees :-)

Doug Stewart