[scilab-Users] transmission line demo

Doug Stewart dastew at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 1 03:32:37 CET 2008

Masoud NAJAFI wrote:
> Hi,
> It works on my machine. The proof is attached!

But try adding more blocks.

> Any way, in fact, I think there should be problem with Scicos when the
> number of blocks is very high (I'm not sure, I should try to increase
> the number of blocks).
>
> And about your model, you would better create a new Modelica block in
> which you use "for loop" instead of using so many superblocks.
> I'm currently very busy, next week I'll try to send you a block for
> transmissio line with N RLC modules.

I understand what you said. But one of my objectives is to let the
students  visualize  the
 line and  measure  the voltage and current at different points along
the line.

We derive and use all the formulas (sinh  and cosh) for long lines. What
I am making is a demo to show the reflected  wave and that it is
inverted at a short
and non inverted at an open  etc.

Thanks for your help

Doug Stewart

PS  This is a 60 Hz power course  not High frequency.  We will be
looking at fault currents and lighting strikes.