[scilab-Users] System Identification with frfit()

Michael J. McCann mjmccann at iee.org
Tue May 6 21:19:07 CEST 2008

John,
         The elastic belt will give a compliance and a means of
storing energy hence an increase in the order of the system. I see
the inertia of the motor, the stretch of the belt and the inertia of
the load  as energy storage elements, maybe an inductance in the
motor. Each will be a second order component dx/dt and x(t), though
maybe the belt can be considered a spring of zero inertia. The
backlash in the gears will create another non-linearity and a
potential for trouble when you try to get it under control. We could
always do a simulation and a time domain solution (Scicos).
Mike.