[scilab-Users] Browser help problem

Francis Drossaert Francis.Drossaert at pgs.com
Fri Nov 7 11:28:30 CET 2008

They used a different implementation. In scilab 4 the search algorithm only search in the commands and not in the text. The search algorithm now searches the text and ranks the best searches according the most hits per text.

One could argue about what is best method. If you know the exact name of command off course the old search algorithm is best, but if you don't know the exact command name than the text search is probably a better method. A combined method would be better; ranking the searched command first and then the text rankings.

I think they changed it again in Scilab 5.0.3

Francis