[scilab-Users] Browser help problem

Alfredo Jaramillo geodesicos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:31:12 CET 2008

me respondireron

Saludos,

Alfredo Jaramillo Palma
Estudiante Ingeniería Matemática
Universidad De La Frontera
Temuco, IX Región, Chile

http://antipoemasypoemas.blogspot.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Francis Drossaert <Francis.Drossaert at pgs.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:28 AM
Subject: RE: [scilab-Users] Browser help problem
To: users at lists.scilab.org
Cc: Miguel <mnava013 at gmail.com>

 They used a different implementation. In scilab 4 the search algorithm only
search in the commands and not in the text. The search algorithm now
searches the text and ranks the best searches according the most hits per
text.

One could argue about what is best method. If you know the exact name of
command off course the old search algorithm is best, but if you don't know
the exact command name than the text search is probably a better method. A
combined method would be better; ranking the searched command first and then
the text rankings.

I think they changed it again in Scilab 5.0.3

Francis