64 bit Linux anyone.

Malcolm Northcott mnorthcott at aoptix.com
Wed Nov 26 22:22:16 CET 2008

I have been in the habit of compiling a 64 bit version of scilab from
sources, but I'm running into problems getting 5.0.3 to run after build
from source.
Does anyone know if there is a 64 bit binary available somewhere?
Alternatively does anyone have detailed instructions on how to build
from source?

I have downloaded all of the pre-requisites and dependency packages
(including 64 bit SUN java) and can get a clean compile/link/install.
However when I try to run I get several errors.

1) Install process does not move the "thirdparty" directory contents
into the correct location, so this has to be done by hand.
2) Install process does not set up the localization directory.
3) *.helptools.jar cannot be loaded, in fact the whole of the
modules/helptools directory seems to be missing from the source tree.
4) If I try to plot a graph (eg plot2d()) I get a string of java errors
starting with an unsatisfied link error for gluegen-rt Both
gluegen-rf.so (in bin) and gluegen-rt.jar (in thirdparty) files exist in
the build tree, but only the .jar file in the install tree.

But the good news is as long as I don't want to read the documentation
or draw any graphics, everything else appears to work!

		Mal.