[scilab-Users] Matlab which equivalent

Maki 1sy8 debian1sy8 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 13:40:20 CET 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 1:17 PM, François Vogel <fvogelnew1 at free.fr> wrote:
> Maki 1sy8 said on 26/10/2008 12:55:
>>
>> Do you know if scilab provides an equivalent to the Matlab command
>> 'which' ? It allows to know the file containing a given function.
>
> help whereis
> This will give you the name of the library containing a function.
>
> Or use Scipad to open the function itself: File/Open source of...
>
> Francois

In fact, I already tried whereis. But for example 'whereis poly'
returned me an empty matrix and 'whereis mean' returned me
statisticslib. Which doesn't tell much about where the definitions of
these functions are actually located (even if they are not written in
the scilab language themselves).

BTW, I couldn't see in the FAQ or in the doc the meaning of all the
extension/type of files used and recognized by Scilab. What is the
difference between .sce and .sci, what are their intended uses ? What
exactly are in .sav files, etc ..?