[scilab-Users] Matlab which equivalent

Maki 1sy8 debian1sy8 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 14:47:13 CET 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM, François Vogel <fvogelnew1 at free.fr> wrote:
>> Which doesn't tell much about where the definitions of
>> these functions are actually located
>
> Scipad does it (see my previous post). It does it basically through
> get_function_path

All right. I could see the mean function for example.

>> (even if they are not written in
>> the scilab language themselves).
>
> AFAIK, there is no way of knowing from Scilab where a function coded in c or
> fortran is stored in the Scilab source tree.

Ok, but it would be nice to know the whereabouts of the file even if
it's in compiled form so that interested users can check the source
file easily if needed.

>> BTW, I couldn't see in the FAQ or in the doc the meaning of all the
>> extension/type of files used and recognized by Scilab. What is the
>> difference between .sce and .sci,
>
> Just a convention.
>
>> what are their intended uses ?
>
> .sci: functions
> .sce: executable (level 0) code

Thanks a lot. I intend to stick to this convention. But it's better
being explained so that people can also follow it.