[scilab-Users] Finding an integration limit

Michael J. McCann mjmccann at iee.org
Thu Sep 4 13:00:07 CEST 2008

Since you are looking for the lower limit of integration to give a
particular value of the integral, I suggest you first plot the value
of the integral as a function of the lower bound and see where the
answer lies. Then you can decide how to find the "exact" value. In
principle solving for the root as you suggest is fine, but there
could be many or none and that could involve a lot of wasted useless
computation, so first see (literally) what you are looking for.
Mike.