SciLab501: Scicos Failure

Michael J. McCann mjmccann at iee.org
Tue Sep 23 17:02:28 CEST 2008

I installed Windows XP SciLab 5.0.1 (mostly for Scicos use)
on a computer running Windows XP (Home) SP3.
Selected defaults all the way through except for naming a folder as Scilab501
No reported problems. Started up and tried...
-->Scicos
which produces failure and kills SciLab too.
I can't see the error message now as the machine went into 'screen save',
and coming out the (dead) Scilab window doesn't refresh,
but what I saw briefly was a complaint about axes size, then fatal error and
I was told to restart Scilab.
(A similar problem was reported earlier, but I can't find a way to append
this message to that thread.)
Mike.