[scilab-Users] Scilab 5.0 and Linux with Intel graphics card

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Sep 24 14:45:30 CEST 2008

Switching back to the public mailing list since this might interested
others.

Le mercredi 24 septembre 2008 à 14:37 +0200, Gianluca Antonelli a
écrit :
> Hi Sylvestre,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> May I ask you how to disable the hardware acceleration? are there any
> collateral effects for other applications in doing it? I know that it is
> a non-scilab question but I was not able to find the solution on the
> newsgroup.
I haven't done this for a while but I think you have to
edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Search for:
Section "Device"

Change Driver "xxx" to "mesa"
Restart X

But you must know that mesa is pretty slow...

> In a couple of months I will switch to a laptop with Ubuntu 8.10 and
> Nvidia graphic cards. As far as you know how is the compatibility with
> those drivers?
Very good. It is mainly what we use.

Sylvestre