[scilab-Users] replacement for MATLAB linprog function

Michael Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Mon Sep 29 12:13:45 CEST 2008

Dear sir,

In scilab 5.0.1, the qpsolve macro indeed enables to
solve quadratic problem with a linear term in the cost function.
This solver is based on Goldfarb and Idnani method.
For "simple" linear problems, qpsolve may be a solution for you,
but whatever the Q matrix (zero or not), qpsolve will use the
same algorithm.

As far as I know, there is no simplex method available
in Scilab or in a Scilab toolbox.

To solve pure linear problems with Scilab 5.0.1, you may
use the quapro toolbox which includes the linpro
solver :
http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=displayContribution&fileID=1143

Please note that linpro cannot solve problems based on sparse matrices.
For this kind of problem, you can use the Scilab toolbox LIPSOL,
which is based on interior points methods and uses sparse
matrices.

Two quapro binaries are available for window 32 bits and 64 bits :
http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=displayContribution&fileID=1139
http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=displayContribution&fileID=1140

Best regards,

Michaël Baudin