Getting started

paul at cb.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp paul at cb.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Apr 9 09:17:52 CEST 2009

Dear Scilab User group

I'm a complete beginner to Scilab and I have little knowledge of this
kind of software. My main requirement is to be able to use a Neural
Network, Principle Components Analysis and Genetic Algorithm toolbox. I
really have no idea where to start and I would appreciate any advice you
could give on becoming familiar with the software as soon as possible.

My intended purpose is for research. I'll be doing feature selection,
using both PCA and GA. And then finally pattern recognition using a
neural network. If you could help I would me most grateful.

Best regards

Paul - Tokyo University