[scilab-Users] Getting started

ycollet at freesurf.fr ycollet at freesurf.fr
Thu Apr 9 09:51:41 CEST 2009

Hello,

For the genetic algorithms: you can check
http://wiki.scilab.org/Genetic_algorithms.
Try also 'help optim_ga'. This will open the help browser on the main
genetic algorithms method.

PCA: 'help pca' will open the help browser on the pca function. There is a
simple example of use on this page. You can first try a copy paste.

For Neural networks:
try to install the ANN toolbox:
http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=displayContribution&fileID=1112

you can try also the lolimot thing. It's a variant of neural networks
(called fast neural networks):
http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=displayContribution&fileID=1177

YC