scilab and GL2PS from Java

Gérard Duong gerard.duong at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:46:30 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to use a jar form scilab into a Windows Java application,
but have integration issues.
I added org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.jar into one of my Eclipse
projects. To be able to use its classes, I had to modify the
environment variable PATH and add the scilab bin dir. Until now, all
was ok.
Now I want to get rid of this update by setting java.library.path
instead (by adding VM arguments from the Eclipse execution parameters
tab) with what I appended into the PATH. This had to work, but I am
getting this error:
The native library scigraphic_export does not exist or cannot be found.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program
Files\scilab-5.1\bin\scigraphic_export.dll: Can't find dependent
libraries
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1778)
	at org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.jni.GL2PSConstantJNI.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
	at org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.jni.GL2PSConstant.get_GL2PS_MAJOR_VERSION(Unknown
Source)
	at org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.GL2PS.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at graphics.ScilabTester.main(ScilabTester.java:13)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.jni.GL2PSConstantJNI.get_GL2PS_MAJOR_VERSION()I
	at org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.jni.GL2PSConstantJNI.get_GL2PS_MAJOR_VERSION(Native
Method)
	at org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.jni.GL2PSConstant.get_GL2PS_MAJOR_VERSION(Unknown
Source)
	at org.scilab.modules.graphic_export.GL2PS.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at graphics.ScilabTester.main(ScilabTester.java:13)

What's wrong with these dependencies resolution?

Regards,

Gérard Duong