Interfacing C/C++ and scilab: creating 3D matrices

Marcos Slomp mslomp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:04:14 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm currently developing a small toolbox to interface some image processing
routines that I have in C++ with scilab.
What I need is to create a Lhs variable that contains a 3D matrix (hypermat)
and I'm struck on it.
I'm already familiar with the scilab c/c++ api, but couldn't figure out how
to create hypermats.
Since the available documentation doesn't go so deep on this particular
subject, I could use some expertise from the users of this list.

Here is my current status:
I believe the key for what I need is a
CreateVar(..., MATRIX_ORIENTED_TYPED_LIST_DATATYPE, ...)
followed by something like
CreateListCVarFrom(..., MATRIX_OF_DOUBLE_DATATYPE, ...)
However, I can't figure out how to properly "integrate" both function calls
to have the expected behaviour.
I'm not even sure neither if they are the correct API calls or if I'm just
missing some other API call.

Any insights? Perhaps some clean, short code snippet?
Thanks in andvance,
Marcos Slomp