[scilab-Users] Reading hdf5 files

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Fri Dec 11 09:35:18 CET 2009

Hello Christoph,

On 11/12/2009 08:55, Nölle Christoph wrote:
> Good morning,
> I installed the new release 5.2.0 Beta1 to test the new hdf5
> compatibility, but I did not find any
> hint to open and display a hdf5-file.
For now, HDF5 is just used to store/load Scilab data.
Functions are export_to_hdf5 & import_from_hdf5 but don't look for the
documentation.
They are not supposed to be used by the lambda user since we will
probably rename them
and/or change their profiles.

Note that, probably in Scilab 5.3, we will plug load/save functions on
this data format. I know it is written in CHANGES_5.2.X that it already
has been done but we changed our mind in order to have a better testing
of this feature.
In this next version, we might also provide capabilities for load HDF5
with different schemas.

Hope this helps,
Sylvestre