[scilab-Users] How to make executable files from Scilab scripts ?

Jean-Damien Capdeville jdcapdeville at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:06:40 CET 2009

Thanks for your quick answers...

The reasons why I would like to make an executable is:
 - having a stand-alone program and allowing then the final users to use it
without installing scilab,
 - making it easier to 'install' and use,
 - protecting my code somehow (even if I already do it by generating
libraries),
 - hoping that it will make the script run faster (not sure of that
though)...

After reading the link on comp.soft-sys.math.scilab, it's seems that making
executable files is not really possible (?) unless C code could be generated
with future versions of scilab (?)
Do you have more info about that ?

Regards,

JDamien