[scilab-Users] How to make executable files from Scilab scripts ?

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Dec 14 20:53:50 CET 2009

Strictly speaking, generating native code from Scilab won't happen in a
near future.

However, regarding what you are trying to do, I see at least two
potential solutions:

1) Use the Scilab module called Scilab 2 C. It is available through
ATOMS (the packaging system of Scilab 5.2). This allows you to generate
some codes but it is limited to some specific domains (signal
processing, etc...). As you said your work may be related to GUI, this
won't probably work for you.

2) A better solution for you should be to use Scilab as a runtime
engine.
We provides the capability to run Scilab as a computing engine. It is
called call_scilab. Through it, by linking libscilab.{so,dll,dylib} you
can some Scilab script... You can embed the Scilab sources into the
native code (and therefor hiding them to a lambda user).
You can find some documentations/examples on this with Scilab 5.2
(nightly or beta).

Don't hesitate if you have any questions,
Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru