[scilab-Users] Re : [scilab-Users] Scilab 5.2 compilation - Could not find the Docbook root directory

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Mon Dec 21 10:12:55 CET 2009

Le samedi 19 décembre 2009 à 16:55 +0000, JIA Pei a écrit :

> Thanks
>
> Calixte. After installing "docbook-xsl", now Scilab successfully
> configured but still failed to compile.
I don't see where you get a ruby dependency:
$ apt-cache show docbook-xsl |grep ruby|wc -l
0

> Sylvestre, thanks I know I can grab "scilab" directly from Ubuntu
> repository, but I just don't want to do so.
Well, the command I sent you wasn't for the binary install but to
install all necessary build dependencies.

> Current compilation failure seems to have something to do with
> "jgraphx"
> I just downloaded the most current jgraphx from
> http://www.jgraph.com/jgraphx.html
> and put it down to /usr/share/java
>
> As we can see from http://wiki.scilab.org/Dependencies_of_Scilab_5.X
>
> Current scilab is not compatible with jgraphx 1.2 yet, but just 1.0.2
>
> However, where can I find the old jgraphx 1.0.2?
It is available here:
http://www.jgraph.com/downloads/jgraphx/archive/

> Or, when will scilab support jgraphx 1.2?
Soon. Jgraphx team changed some important parts in their APIs. We need
to update our codes against this version. We haven't done it yet because
we had to stabilize our code against a specific version.

Sylvestre