[scilab-Users] Mac OS 10.5 Compilation issue

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr
Sun Jan 4 22:02:30 CET 2009

> I actually stumbled across --disable-static and that got me through
> compilation, and I'm glad to hear that that's a know workaround.  If I
> can trouble you, have a couple more questions:
> + How can I launch the tests of the build?  I'm looking for the
> equivalent of "make test", but I don't see any such targets in the
> Makefile.  Is there anything similar?
Well, depends what you mean by "tests of the build", if you want to
check the creation of the binary itself, "make macros" is calling Scilab
to build our macros.
If you want to test Scilab features, "make check" is your friend.

> + Also, when I do make install, I get an error back
> from /usr/bin/install complaining about the -D option, which evidently
> isn't supported by the Mac version of install.  This seems to be
> happening to the .sce files at the end of make install.  Can I change
> that flag to a -d, or just copy the files over by hand?  If so, any
> hints where should I look to change the -D to a -d?
Pretty weird issue.
What is your version of "install" ?
(install --version)

Can you copy/paste the 10 last lines and the error message that you
get ?

In the root directory of the source tree, what is the result of
$ grep -E "(^INSTALL =|^INSTALL_DATA =)" Makefile
?

Under Linux, I get:
INSTALL = /usr/bin/install -c
INSTALL_DATA = ${INSTALL} -m 644

The -D option is provided by the autotools (ie, I am not touching this
flag ... yet)

Sylvestre