Questions about the color and the possibilities of interaction

Frederic LAU diantre.flu at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:02:33 CEST 2009

Hello

I tried to represent 3-dimensional set of points described by their XYZ
coordinates in an Excel file
I succeed to open the Excel file, read all the coordonates, build a 3D cube
with the function Plot3D1(), and to position the informations from the Excel
file in this 3D environnement.
Great !

Now I have to do two things to finalize my project : the Color and the
Interaction

Color : I have a fourth coordonate in the Excel file what I would like to
represent by using the color of each point.
How can I do it ? I don't understand how to change color of each point using
a value, and to have a different color for each point. Does anyone has had a
similar need ? or do you know a post (I didn't found it) that explains it
clearly ?

Interaction : Is it possible, with Scilab, to "select" a point and make
appear a text string ? this text string could be, for instance, the name of
the plot stored as fifth value in the excel file.

say me if i'm not clear, it is my first post on this forum

Thank you for your help and experience.

Frederic