Scilab 5.1.1, Help System and %helps

Dave Comer dmcomer at dmcmicro.com
Sat May 23 18:56:04 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am working my way through the Scilab help file system with the goal
of adding my own toolbox, help system. I noticed in the Scilab manual
that there is suposed to be a variable %helps, which according to the
manual is supposed to be loaded by scilab.start. However, in 5.1.1
there is no such reference to %helps in scilab.start, and there is
not global variable %helps listed in whos. Is this an obsolete
concept? If so, how does one add help to the help file path?

Thanks,

Dave Comer