[scilab-Users] Scilab 5.1.1, Help System and %helps

Eric Dubois grocer.toolbox at gmail.com
Sat May 23 19:27:28 CEST 2009

Well, as far as I have understood, you have to build help files in a folder
such as mytoolbox\help\en_US (for English help).

Your help files must respect Scilab xml forma. Ffor an example, see the file
joined (you can find many more examples in my toolbox grocer, available at
http://dubois.ensae.net/grocer.html) ; Pettersen toolbox -
http://www.scilab.org/contrib/index_contrib.php?page=displayContribution&fileID=1145-can
also be very helpful: anyway, it has helped me.

Then you have to insert in scilab.star the following commands :
helps_dirs='mytoolbox\help\en_US'
help_title='my beautiful toolbox'
xml2jar('javaHelp','mytoolbox\help\en_US','my beautiful toolbox')
add_help_chapter('my beautiful toolbox',SCI+'mytoolbox\/jar',%f);

And, with some effort, it should work.

I fear that it is not the best solution, but Scilab help on the subject is
indeed rather tricky to undestand.

Cheers.

Eric.