Question about xstring

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Fri Nov 13 10:00:15 CET 2009

Hello,

I have plotted a complicated bar plot (the 'y' matrix is 3*6 so I have 6
polylines and 18 bars) so I would like to print some text under each bar
to help understanding.

I use the 'data' and 'x_shift' members of each polyline to compute the x
position of the text:
x=current_poly.data(:,1)'+current_poly.x_shift (this works).

After that I use xstring to display my text. If I use 0 as the 'y'
coordinate the text is displayed at the bottom of the bar (see attachment).

The problem is that I would like to attach the text under the bar. If I
use a negative 'y' coordinate, the text is hidden.

How can I put it foreground?
Is the problem linked to the fact that the "Text" object is a children
of the "Axes" object and so cannot be put 'outside' this object? If true
can I insert the "Text" object as a children of the "Figure" object?

xstring looks like a function for the old graphic mode (no handle
argument)... Is there any replacement?

Thanks in advance,
Mathieu