Errors in installation of scilab-5.1.1

Debasis Sahu debasis.sahu007 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 11:33:01 CET 2009

While I am trying to install the 5.1.1 version then it is giving the
following error.

*configure: error: Unable to find pvmgetarch in PATH or PVM_ROOT. (Scilab no
longer provides an embedded PVM)*

I checked the dependencies form the following site

http://wiki.scilab.org/Dependencies_of_Scilab_5.X

and PVM is an optional one. still it is giving the above error.

Then I tried with  *./configure --without-pvm* command
then it is giving the following error

*configure: error: Cannot find headers (umfpack.h) of the library UMFPACK.
Please install the dev package (Debian : libsuitesparse-dev)*

UMFPACK is also and optional file.

Now I tried with the follwoing command

./configure --without-pvm-UMFPACK

Then it is giving me the following error

*configure: error: Unable to find pvmgetarch in PATH or PVM_ROOT. (Scilab no
longer provides an embedded PVM)*

Which I guess is because PVM is not installed.

Can you please help me to move forward.

--
Thanks and Regards
Debasis Sahu