[scilab-Users] Errors in installation of scilab-5.1.1

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Wed Nov 18 11:55:30 CET 2009

Le mercredi 18 novembre 2009 à 16:03 +0530, Debasis Sahu a écrit :
> While I am trying to install the 5.1.1 version then it is giving the
> following error.
>
> configure: error: Unable to find pvmgetarch in PATH or PVM_ROOT.
> (Scilab no longer provides an embedded PVM)
>
> I checked the dependencies form the following site
>
> http://wiki.scilab.org/Dependencies_of_Scilab_5.X
>
> and PVM is an optional one. still it is giving the above error.
By default, the configure checks all dependencies but it is possible to
disable many of them (pvm, umfpack, matio, tcl/tk, the gui, etc).

> UMFPACK is also and optional file.
>
> Now I tried with the follwoing command
>
> ./configure --without-pvm-UMFPACK
The command is --without-pvm --without-umfpack
However, try to install the dependencies.

If you are running a recent Ubuntu or Debian, the following command with
install all Scilab mandatory dependencies:
apt-get build-dep scilab

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru