Connections between blocks get mixed up

Jari Lietzen jari.lietzen at dnainternet.net
Sun Nov 29 20:54:02 CET 2009

Hi!

I have written a c function block and the interfacing function following
this tutorial: www-roc.inria.fr/scicos/ScicosCBlockTutorial.pdf The
function listens to a tcp-port and receives an output channel and a
value as a command and sets the block's output(s) accordingly. I can add
the block and connect it to other blocks and this is all working fine.
I'm using scicoslab-gtk 4.3-3, Xubuntu 9.04 with kernel 2.6.29.4 patched
with RTAI. I'm also using Etherlab Scicos Toolbox as I'm using Scicos to
generate standalone code for EtherCAT fieldbus components.

If I add my own block to Scicos diagram and connect it with EtherCAT
blocks, everything is fine. Codegeneration works and the resulting
userspace program does what it is supposed to do. However, if I change
the connections originating from my own block, everything still looks
good in the diagram, but in the generated code the connections between
blocks are mixed up. Then changing connections back to their previous
state doesn't correct the situation. Everything still looks good, but
the connections are still mixed up. When I remove all connections from
my own block and draw them again, only then the connections are really
ok in the generated program.

I can send sample diagrams, screenshots etc. to illustrate the problem.

Best regards,

-Jari Lietzen