Think I solved the Scilab compilation issue in Slackware,,,, :-)

Alexandre Pereira iskandhar2000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 23:39:54 CET 2009

Hi Sylvestre

I found what the problem was...

There is an application called brl-cad, www.brlcad.org, which i packaged
with src2pkg, and installed to /usr...

This application, which creates some hundreds of libraries and executables,
one of them is a thing called "cp"; an utility to copy objects between
BRLCAD cad databases...

Well, basically, BRLCAD being thrown directly into /usr borked my
coreutils....  this is why Scilab would not compile, and why my error was
not reproducible by anyome else in Slackware community...   :-|

BRLCAD install defaults to /usr/brlcad... not to /usr...

Well, I reinstalled coreutils, and managed to compile Scilab --without-pvm,
matio, --with-gfortran.... I guess that not having installed ocaml,
precluded me to install scicos... so i reconfigured again without scicos...
( make would complain not finding clock_gettime ) and built a workable
version.. although useless for me... ( --without-scicos )...   I shall
rebuild this tomorrow, after having installed ocaml, just to see if this
solves the clock_gettime issue of scicos...

But At least I solved the build problem...

My insight was when I was checking the switches of cp, and typed "man cp"...
and shell showed it was "a BRL CAD utility...  "...   :-|

Anyway, thanks for your support....   :-)

Will try to solve the scicos thing now....

BRGDS

Alex