[scilab-Users] modelicac

dastew at sympatico.ca dastew at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 30 23:12:41 CET 2009

> From: sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
> To: users at lists.scilab.org
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:53:44 +0100
> Subject: RE: [scilab-Users] modelicac
>

> > > Yes the error is:
> > Modelica code generated at /tmp/SD_29145_/imppart_tran7sine.mo
> > Fatal error: exception Failure("read_class_File: Class Pin not found")
> >
> > Doug
> >

> > Ok ---- Now that I know that it is not a missing modelicac file, I
> > looked into the problem some more.
> >
> > 1.   My circuit file works in XP but not in Ubuntu.
> > 2.    The smaller file works in Ubuntu
> >
> > So I took my larger file and deleted some of the repeated blocks out
> > of the middle of the circuit and now it works. It seems to be a
> > problem that scicos can't handle this many blocks in Ubuntu but can in
> > XP!!!!!
> >
> > Any thoughts.
> > Doug
> > PS It would be nice if the error message would tell the truth.
> Thanks for the feedback.
> In Scilab 5.3, we will introduce a new Modelica compiler. It should fix
> this kind of issues.
>
> Sylvestre

First I want to thank the you and the teem for for such  great software.
Pleas don't take anything I say in a negative way because I truly am delighted with Scilab and Sicos.

In your answer did you mean the error message will be fixed in 5.3 or the memory allocation size or both.
And when will 5.3 come out.

PS I am using these circuits to teach transmision line theory and to demonstrate the reflections that happen with mismatched impedances at the ends of the line.

Doug