[scilab-Users] Probably a stupid question but...

Yann Collette yann.collette at scilab.org
Tue Oct 13 14:17:19 CEST 2009

Sébastien Bihorel a écrit :
> Hi Yann,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply. I have some follow-up questions if you
> don't mind.
>
> Let me first explain how my system is organized and what I did after
> having downloaded the archive. Scilab is installed on c:\Program
> Files\scilab\ on my windows system. I have another scilab folder in
> D:\Docs\ where I store my scilab projects. I have unpacked the toolbox
> archive in D:\Docs\tmp\simplex-2.0\, open scilab, gone into this
> directory and done the 'exec builder.sce'. Things went ok according to
> the display. Now the loader.sce seems to be stored in
> D:\Docs\tmp\simplex-2.0\.
>
> Does that mean that if I want to use this toolbox in a project stored,
> let's say, in D:\Docs\projects\my_funky_project\, I would have to
> change the working directory, 'exec' the loader.sce, and then do back
> to the project directory?
Yes, but you also can store the exec loader.sce; in the a Scilab.start
file so as to load all your toolboxes at startup.

> Is there a trace of this toolbox in other directories in my system?

No, Everything is located in the toolbox directory. Nothing elsewhere.
> Do you see a smarter way to store and build toolboxes?
Just add a Scilab.start file in the Documents and
settings\you\Application Data\Scilab\scilab-xxx with
"exec('D:\Docs\tmp\simplex-2.0\loader.sce')".

YC

--
Yann COLLETTE