Problems of compilation of nightly build under opensuse

Sébastien Bihorel sbihorel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 03:39:24 CEST 2009

Dear Scilab users,

I am trying to compile the development version of scilab in an opensuse 11.1
environment but am running into a problem of missing package.

configure: error: Could not find or use the Java package/jar jgraphx used by
Diagram design (looking for package com.mxgraph.model.mxCell)

I tried to use YaST or the 'one-click install' website to find this package
but it does not seem to exist. I found and installed a 'jgraph' package,
though, which unfortunately that did not solve the problem. I eventually
downloaded a jgraphx from http://www.jgraph.com/jgraphx.html, but I am stuck
at this point: I do see a way to 'build' anything from this archive. I am
quite a beginner in the linux environment, so there is likely something
obvious that I am missing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sebastien