[scilab-Users] Problems of compilation of nightly build under opensuse

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Sat Oct 17 10:57:32 CEST 2009

Hello Sébastien,

Le vendredi 16 octobre 2009 à 21:39 -0400, Sébastien Bihorel a écrit :
> Dear Scilab users,
>
> I am trying to compile the development version of scilab in an
> opensuse 11.1 environment but am running into a problem of missing
> package.
>
> configure: error: Could not find or use the Java package/jar jgraphx
> used by Diagram design (looking for package com.mxgraph.model.mxCell)
>
> I tried to use YaST or the 'one-click install' website to find this
> package but it does not seem to exist. I found and installed a
> 'jgraph' package, though, which unfortunately that did not solve the
> problem. I eventually downloaded a jgraphx from
> http://www.jgraph.com/jgraphx.html, but I am stuck at this point: I do
> see a way to 'build' anything from this archive. I am quite a beginner
> in the linux environment, so there is likely something obvious that I
> am missing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Here what you can try:
* download jgraphx
* build it (type 'ant' at the root directory)
* copy the resulting lib/jgraphx.jar into SCI/thirdparty/ (create the
directory if it doesn't exist)

Btw, we are producing nightly build of the dev version of Scilab:
http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=nightly_builds

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru