[scilab-Users] Problems of compilation of nightly build under opensuse

sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Sun Oct 18 02:36:19 CEST 2009

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 09:49:06 -0400, Sébastien Bihorel <sbihorel at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Sylvestre,
>
> Thank you for the very useful tips on jgraphx and the nightly build. :D
>
> I downloaded the latter the current build this morning and tried to
start
> it. It seems to be a problem with hdf5, which I remember having to
> installed
> when trying to build scilab myself. Here is the message I get:
>
> /opt/scilab_nightly/bin/scilab-bin: error while loading shared
libraries:
> libhdf5-1.6.6.so.0: cannot open shared objectfile: No such file or
> directory
>
> Any advise on that too.
It is maybe a packaging bug in the nightly build. We will have a look on
this.
If you install the package HDF5. It might work.

> I also tried to go on building scilab myself, but ended again at another
> dead-end:
>
> checking looks... no
> configure: WARNING: Could not find or use the Java package/jar looks
used
> by
> Scilab Gui - Look and feel (looking for package
> com.jgoodies.looks.common.RenderingUtils)
> checking jgoodies-looks... no
> configure: error: Could not find or use the Java package/jar
jgoodies-looks
> used by Scilab Gui - Look and feel (lookingfor package
> com.jgoodies.looks.common.RenderingUtils)
>
> Those errors are weird because I have installed all jgoodies-look
packages
> could see in YaST (see attachment). Would you know what package I am
> missing?
It is probably a different naming of the jar file under Opensuse.
You can try to unpack the opensuse package, you will find some patches and
there are some
patches which change the name of the jar file.
http://packman.iu-bremen.de/suse/11.1/src/scilab-5.1.1-23.pm.1.src.rpm

Sylvestre