[scilab-Users] Problems of compilation of nightly build under opensuse

Sébastien Bihorel pomchip at free.fr
Sun Oct 18 17:55:09 CEST 2009

Hi Sylvestre,

I have HDF5 installed so it could be a problem of the nightly build. About
your suggestion to look into the opensuse package, I am afraid I am not
linux-skilled enough to find those patches.
In parallel, I have downloaded and tested the windows version of the nightly
build, which does not seem to be fully functional (I had some consistent
problem with getd not loading my functions properly). I was actually
interested in the new Nelder-mead algortihm in the optimization module, so I
copied all the .sci files of the module to a local directory and tried to
used them with scilab 5.1.1... again, got some error messages which seem to
be linked to internal inconsistencies in the use of funccount vs
funcCount...

I guess I will wait until the next version of scilab is released...

Sebastien