disp: extra line output?

Ralph Ewig ralph at open-aerospace.org
Mon Oct 26 18:01:53 CET 2009

Hello, I recently started using Scilab (instead of Matlab) and am very
happy with it so far :). I'm using Scilab 5.1.1 on Windows XP x64.

One thing that is really annoying however, is that Scilab always prints
extra (blank) lines between any text in the command window. Especially
when I use "disp" to show multiple variables/messages in a function they
are always separated by extra blank lines. Even matrices have an extra
line between each displayed row.

Is there a way to suppress this behavior? I've tried playing with the
"lines" command, but it does not seem to effect it. Any help is much
appreciated, thank you!

Ralph