[scilab-Users] scilab 5.1.1 compilation under Solaris 10

Langella Raphael raphael.langella at steria.cnes.fr
Tue Sep 15 10:39:57 CEST 2009

It works! I didn't have to rebuild anything to use mesa. I just put the mesa lib dir in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and libjogl.so dynamically links against it. And now, the graphics work just fine under Solaris 10.

I've also found out what was wrong with the make install under Solaris 9. In libs/blas/Makefile, line 890, there is :

for specialExt in $(MACROSSPECIALEXT); do \

But the MACROSSPECIALEXT is empty and the shell doesn't like it. So I've delete this line and the next 3 ones, and did the same in all the (~70!) other Makefiles. Now make install works, but it really is an ugly workaround, there should be a better way of fixing this.

But using mesa didn't solved the problem under Solaris 9, I still get :

An error occurred when Scilab tried to open a Canvas: glXGetConfig failed: error code GLX_NO_EXTENSION

So to conclude all the tests I made :

Linux 32 bits : works fine
Linux 64 bits : doesn't work at all (no window, no error, nothing)
Solaris 9 : needs lots of modifications, works but no graphic. (hopeless?)
Solaris 10 : needs a few modifications and works fine.

Do you want me to submit again all the changes I had to do to make it work under Solaris 9/10 ?

Raphaël Langella